Redcliffe Kayakers
Next meetup: TUESDAY 24th January 2011! Meet at the Coffee Club Redcliffe (opp Redcliffe jetty) 6:30pm. They have great meals which are 1/2 price meals on a Tuesday night, hence the reason for picking this night . SMS me on 0418781005 to let me know you are coming. If I dont hear from anyone I will cancel! Hope to see you there.. Cheers Deb Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Redcliffe Kayakers
Next meetup: TUESDAY 24th January 2011! Meet at the Coffee Club Redcliffe (opp Redcliffe jetty) 6:30pm. They have great meals which are 1/2 price meals on a Tuesday night, hence the reason for picking this night . SMS me on 0418781005 to let me know you are coming. If I dont hear from anyone I will cancel! Hope to see you there.. Cheers Deb Smile
Redcliffe Kayakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just saying hello

3 posters

Go down

just saying hello Empty just saying hello

Post  steve Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi I am Steve,just saying hello,I bought a 5.1 metre Geoff Barker fibreglass kayak(10years old but in great condition) over a month ago,a nice kayak only been out a few times, last time a bit hectic coming back from Dohles Rocks to Clontarf as it got very choppy,a good test as the kayak is very tippy.A change from the Stearns inflatable I have had for sometime now.May see some of you out there next time I go for a paddle.
Steve Smile
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

just saying hello Empty Re: just saying hello

Post  GazmanTheYakman Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:04 am

Hi Ya Steve, Thanks for joining up. I had to have a look online at your kayak, as I wasn't familiar with that model. Most of us have sit-in models, so that's probably why. Let us know if you ever want to go out, as I'm just a few minutes down the road from Dohles Rocks.
GazmanTheYakman
GazmanTheYakman

http://www.kayakhirebrisbane.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  steve Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:31 am

Thanks Gazman,the kayak is a sit in one,they are no longer made I understand as the manufacturer has retired so I am told,they were down Bowral NSW.Hope to go for a paddle soon,the weather has not been that kind lately,when I have had time to go out. Steve
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post  GazmanTheYakman Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:28 am

Hey Steve, Can you use your kayak for fishing - are you even interested in fishing? I'm thinking of going out this Sunday morning.
GazmanTheYakman
GazmanTheYakman

Back to top Go down

Post  steve Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:34 am

Gazman used to fish in the old stearns inflatable,at this stage have not gone fishing in the barker,it does not have a rod holder suppose I could just have the rod in the cockpit with me.Will see what the weather is like at this stage it does not look promising hey,
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post  peacepelican Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Hey Steve
How ya going! Thanks for joining.. its soo great to see new members joining up. keep looking at the site and feel free to post if you want to go out with anyone etc.. if you ever have any questions feel free to give me a ring on 0418781005
Cheers
Deb (creator of this site) Smile
peacepelican
peacepelican

Back to top Go down

Post  GazmanTheYakman Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:57 am

Geez Stevo, I reckon you might be right about the weather. At this rate we won't be going anywhere on Sunday. I've never seen so much rain...
GazmanTheYakman
GazmanTheYakman

Back to top Go down

Post  GazmanTheYakman Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Ahhh - Wasn't this Sunday completely different? We got out for a paddle off Dohles Rocks, and it was the absolutely perfect day...
GazmanTheYakman
GazmanTheYakman

Back to top Go down

Post  steve Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Yes it was a change thought about going out earlier today but had to do some catch up jobs about the house.....rather been paddling.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post  GazmanTheYakman Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:27 pm

I know that feeling Steve. That often happens to me too. It won't be long before we can all get out as a group again. We'll have to get you out and meet a few of the crew...
GazmanTheYakman
GazmanTheYakman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum